For personalized, compassionate guidance through the divorce process or other family law matters, call Morris | Richmond Law Firm, PLLC at 281-532-5465.

Client-Focused Attorneys Providing Counsel, Advice And The Tools You Need To Resolve Your Family’s Legal Issues

Client-Focused Attorneys Providing Counsel, Advice And The Tools You Need To Resolve Your Family’s Legal Issues

You Don’t Have To Go Through The Divorce Process Alone

At Morris & Richmond Law Firm PLLC, we know how difficult divorce proceedings can be. We work one-on-one with our clients and thoroughly explain how the process works in the Texas court system. We are highly responsive and listen closely to make sure we represent your goals and best interests moving forward. Our team of attorneys is here to act as the strong advocate you need.

Dealing With Child Support And Custody

When it comes to the dissolution of marriage, deciding what will happen to your children is one of the most stressful decisions you will have to make.  Establishing child support arrangements and visitation schedules with your spouse can become an emotionally charged battle. We approach each case with compassion and do everything we can to reduce conflict and keep stress levels at a minimum.

As time goes on, it’s normal for the needs of each spouse to change, especially when it comes to the kids. Should you need to make a modification to your current arrangement regarding child support or child custody, we can also help you through this process.

What To Expect When Dividing Property

All property that you and your spouse own while married falls into one of two categories; marital property or separate property. Anything purchased during the marriage is considered marital property and it must be split equally. Most of the things owned by spouses prior to the marriage are considered separate property and are not included in the division of property. However, there are exceptions to this. One of the most common examples of this is a home that was owned by one of the spouses prior to marriage. If renovations were made on the property during the marriage, it is considered marital property. We can help you navigate the complexities of these situations.

We Can Answer Your Questions; Call Today

Separating from your partner can be scary. We are here to get you to the other side. To schedule a free initial consultation, call our office in Friendswood at 281-532-5465 today. You can also fill out our contact form online.